Open SUNY will be applying the most recent update to Blackboard, which should be solving several problems that you might be seeing.
The list includes the following updates to Blackboard courses:
- SafeAssign Reports not being generated in certain conditions
- Adding a Second Math Editor Equation Renders only Text
- Overdue Notifications sent to Students that Submitted Assignment when Due Date is Changed
- Actual Score Data Missing in Analyze Evidence Collection Results
- Error when Attempting to Dismiss Notifications in My Institution Tab
- Outcomes Evidence Collection – performance improvements
It also includes updates to two ‘building blocks’ — the customization for specific information. This time, the Web Services and McGraw Hill blocks are being updated as indicated.
Blackboard Mobile Web Services Building Block
- Supports discussion board file attachments from a device or cloud storage.
- Remediates issue where test questions that contained inequality symbols, such as < or >, didn’t display appropriately.
- Fixes issue that allowed some users to access tests beyond their availability date through a link available in the grade override when exceptions were made for other users by accessing the test.
- Resolves issue where users were able to view unavailable assignments through the activity stream.
- Provides users the ability to view completion status of surveys assigned to them.
- Provides instructors and custom role users with appropriate permissions the ability to schedule announcements with start and end times and to email announcements to students.
- Resolves issue where some custom roles received an error in Original courses on Ultra-enabled environments.
McGraw-Hill Connect and Create
- Updates to support ULTRA environments for courses with classic UI.
- Updates to accommodate support for changes for Time on Task (TOT).
If you have questions, contact Mary Jane Heider (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Harold Strassner (email@example.com)